If you are looking to spend some time with nature and want to stay protected from the pests and yet enjoy the beauty of nature, then a hammock is a perfect choice. It gives you comfort and also keeps you away from the dirt, making it perfect for backpacking as well as camping and lounging in the backyard. With the growing popularity of hammock camping, a lot of gear manufacturers like Wise owl have started introducing a number of different hammock options for those who want to ditch the usual camping tents. If you are considering buying a hammock yourself, then here are a few tips to help you get through it.
Things to know before getting started with a hammock
- Why choose a hammock? The traditional tent has been a camping favourite for years and still remains a viable option, then why should anyone leave the tent for a hammock? Well, the hammock is smaller and lighter and not to forget even faster and a lot simpler to set up. For a hammock, all you need are a couple of trees, rocks, branches to hold the hammock in a place.
- The bugs, wind and the rain- In a tent, there is no need to worry about insects, wind or the rain. While in a hammock which is a modern-day tent when it is properly secured, a mosquito net and a rainfly can be easily hung above it.
- How to stay warm in the hammock? – The sleeping bag is the best way to stay warm in a camp, whether it is a tent or a hammock. The only difference is that there are open air and surface beneath you and it can get a little chillier while hanging in the middle of the air. Also, a lot of hammock campers choose to ditch the sleeping bag for under quilts. The under quilts are lightweight blankets that are more versatile than a sleeping bag. They can provide both warmth and comfort to the hammock campers.
How to buy a hammock?
There are certain things that should be considered while buying a hammock:
- The place of hanging it- Most people prefer hanging hammocks from trees or on ceilings and walls inside the home. In case you are hanging the hammock between the trees and the walls then you need to measure the space.
- The size of the hammock- There are single, double as well as the family size of hammocks. In case you are single and need proper space then a double hammock is the best. Family hammocks are perfect for three or more adults. Depending upon the size of your family or your own requirement make sure you buy the hammock.
- Will the hammock be left outside? – In case the hammock would hang outside for a long time then you should consider a hammock which is weatherproof. A weatherproof hammock can withstand rain, wind and UV rays.
- The colour and the fabric- The colour and the fabric choice completely depend upon your own taste. There are different styles of hammocks, made from different materials and come in varying colours.
Well, there are quite a lot of different hammocks made available by gear manufacturers like the wise owl. If you want to buy the perfect hammock for your home or garden then make sure you follow the above-mentioned tips.